Grilled Apricots with Yoghurt and Walnuts
This can also be made very successfully with ripe peaches, nectarines or plums. Just allow a longer cooking time for larger fruit. The walnuts can be substituted with hazelnuts or almonds.
Dessert variation: Sprinkle with a little amaretto liqueur and serve with whipped cream or ice-cream. Delicious!
- 8 ripe apricots, sliced in half and stone removed
- 2 teaspoons demerara or brown sugar, or more to taste
- 10-20 walnuts, chopped
- 4 big spoons Clearwater's Cream Top Yoghurt
1. Place the apricots, cut side up, onto a baking tray and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
2. Put the tray under a hot grill (broiler) and cook until the sugar caramelises, the edges are brown and the fruit is softened and warmed through (5-7 minutes).
3. Arrange the fruit on serving plates allowing each person 4 halves. Sprinkle with walnuts, dollop with a spoonful of yoghurt and serve.